About Me

I am a wife and mom to 4. My family is my masterpiece. God has blessed me immensely and I thank Him every day.

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Just an ordinary week...

This week at our house we have been through a life changing eye appointment (for the good), a teenage breakup (which is ok), a visit from Santa (awesome), a snow day (well enjoyed), a bomb scare at our high school (well, scary), high school finals (well, they are over), a grade school Christmas program (precious), and the start of Christmas break (WAHOO)!
As some of you may know Kaden doesn't always excel at school, and we may have learned one of the reasons why this week. His eyes don't work! You know what they say about mother's intuition, I knew something just wasn't right. We are dealing with sleep apnea as well, so they are a lot of issues in this little mans life. I won't bore you with all the details, but I took him to an eye Dr. this week for a developmental eye exam which is very different from a vision exam. He has no depth perception, yep that's right 0! No wonder he doesn't want to ride a bike! He has tracking issues, in a nut shell the letters "dance" all over the paper, he can't see rows, there is a lot going on, but he DOES have good vision?!? Yeah right? Well, we have a long road ahead of us, he will be starting eye therapy and hopefully we will be able to help him learn in a way that works for him. When the Dr. told Kaden it wasn't his fault, and there was help for him, you could see this little boys whole body relax, and a smile beamed from his face, I sat there and cried! We will keep you updated on his progress.
As for the rest of the week, it's pretty self explanatory. Never a dull moment. Just like I like it!
Thank you God for blessing me immensely.

1 comment:

  1. I just re-read your blog,"What's Your Story?" Kaden has a story all his own...as we all do. Kaden, I love your story thus far...and I'm certain I'll love it even more as it continues! You are a special little man! xo Grandma Kathy

    ReplyDelete