About Me

I am a wife and mom to 4. My family is my masterpiece. God has blessed me immensely and I thank Him every day.

Friday, November 5, 2010

Another week...

I was trying to decide what to write about this week. And you would think with
our busy life style there would be something. But not every week has big events.
Some are small, and the impact they leave feels very small. Then I started thinking
about our week. As some of you may know Chase's cross country coach and his
family lost their house to a fire this past week. All were safe, but they lost so much.
So, at last Friday's football game the cross country team decided to set up a table and
take a collection for their coach and his family. It was a small table with a small sign, and
a jar. I think those boys were a bit unprepared for what happened next. People gave!
So unselfishly, they filled the jar. On Saturday after an emotional and not so great meet,
which was the last of the season, they as a team handed Coach an envelope. Some had no
idea how much was inside, some did. It didn't matter. Without even looking in the envelope,
without even caring how much it was, Coach began to tear up. (As well as every other man,
woman, and child in the vicinity.) He knew what these teenage boys had done for him and
his family. Coach doesn't consider himself needy right now, nor do we. He is unwilling to
take from someone else who has greater needs. But this was a gift. A gift I don't think he
or any of us will soon forget.
Also anyone knowing our Kaden, knows school is not his favorite. He has his reasons and they
are legit. We are actively working on them. He tries with his whole heart, and I could not ask
for more. It seems that the three before him have found learning easy, and he has to follow
in their footsteps. Kaden has word card tests every week and these prove to be a bit difficult for
him, so he also gets a little anxious. We encourage him in anyway we can. This week he wanted
to know if he got a 100% on his word card test could we buy him this special nerf gun he's been
wanting? Seems like a pretty pricey bribe, but I fell for it, as he hasn't gotten a 100 before. I feel
safe that I won't be having to buy this toy, but in my quiet place I hope with all that I am that I
will have to buy this toy! He worked so hard all week, and today is the day......I hope I have to
visit Wal-Mart tonight!
Some weeks it's the small stuff that turns out to be the really BIG stuff. Every day is a lesson for me,
I thank God for blessing me immensely.

1 comment:

  1. God bless you, Kaden! Keep doing your very best! No one can ask for more than that! Your efforts WILL pay off!
    And God bless the boys of the cross country team! Their hearts are in the right place, and it speaks volumes about their coach!

    ReplyDelete