About Me

I am a wife and mom to 4. My family is my masterpiece. God has blessed me immensely and I thank Him every day.

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Brothers

Not that I didn't know already, but it was brought to my attention this past weekend how close our boys are. You know, I think brothers are the only species that can go from beating the living life out of each other, to high fiving, fist pumping, knuckle pounding, loving the life right back into you in a matter of say seconds. Chase and Kohl have been back to back in school, so as Kohl started his college search I thought maybe he would be looking at colleges at the opposite end of the country from Chase. When he started looking at the same college I was a little nervous that he was so use to following Chase in school that maybe he thought he had to. We wanted to Kohl to make his own choices, we made it very clear to him that they were in fact his choices and he could look anywhere at schools. He kept coming  back to the same college as Chase. This past weekend Kohl officially signed a letter of intent to attend the same school as Chase and be on the same track team. Watching them together I knew it was a good fit for them both and they are both excited about yet again being together. Chase has made it clear however that they may room together at some point, but Kohl has to live with someone else his first year to have that experience. Wise. Our younger two are excited that they will be able to visit both of their brothers at the same time. I have noticed over the years, but more and more recently how much of a bond these four boys have. Sometimes I wonder if it's their age or mine that is making me more aware. Probably a little of both. They cheer for each other, pick each other up when needed, hold hands when they are scared, celebrate each other and of course beat the living life out of each other to end up wanting to spend at least three more years together. Thank you God for blessing me immensely.

No comments:

Post a Comment