About Me

I am a wife and mom to 4. My family is my masterpiece. God has blessed me immensely and I thank Him every day.

Friday, September 16, 2011

Pickle Pete

The mammoth grid called for pickle making this week. I had this naive idea that with Chase gone to college and not having cross country meets 2-3 times a week that we might have some free spaces on the mammoth grid calender that we live by. WRONG! Don't know exactly what it is we are doing, but those free spaces I was thinking would happen - not happening! Carson is the picky eater out of our crew. He's been asking to try making some pickles. We have had cucumbers picked for this pickle making several times, needless to say the process never happened. So this week we bought some cucumbers and with time running out on these pickle prospects we had to get this done. Carson cut the cucumbers and followed the recipe all by himself. He did a grand job. Carson is our quiet little man. He is so easy going and eager to please. He is quite responsible and I sometimes listen to him talk and have to remind myself he is only 9. His teacher asked me at the beginning of the year how we taught him such a great vocabulary. Truth is we didn't. It's self taught. She is trying to stump I think and hasn't been able to yet! I can tell Carson's mood and feelings by looking at his eyes. May sound funny but I can tell how he's feeling by looking the boy in the eye, he has a sparkle, a shine. I don't think I can explain it. All kids do I know. His is identifiable. I mentioned that he is our picky eater. Even this he does politely. He would never tell us he doesn't like something, never ask for something else. He will not eat vegetables. (Except potato soup and french fries if those count!) But he LOVES pickles! So, hence the nick name Pickle Pete. And how were Pickle Pete's pickles? Well, here at Cafe Le Gregory, they were best pickles we've ever had!  Thank you God for blessing me immensely.

No comments:

Post a Comment