About Me

I am a wife and mom to 4. My family is my masterpiece. God has blessed me immensely and I thank Him every day.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A prayer what?

A few months ago a very sweet, wise beyond her years, teenage girl presented me with a gift. I don't think she nor I had any idea how much this gift was going to mean to me. The gift a prayer shawl. "Shawls...made for centuries universal and embracing, symbolic of an inclusive, unconditionally loving, God. They wrap, enfold, comfort, cover, give solace, mother, hug, shelter and beautify. Those who have received these shawls have been uplifted and affirmed, as if given wings to fly above their troubles..." (Written by : Janet Bristow) The shawl maker begins with prayers and blessings for the recipient. The intentions are continued throughout the creation of the shawl. Upon completion, a final blessing is offered before the shawl is sent on it's way. Shawls can be used for: undergoing medical procedures; as a comfort after a loss or in times of stress; during prayer or meditation...there are endless possibilities. This all sounds so official. Truth is in our house it's not even called a prayer shawl, it's called a prayer scarf. I don't think boys know what shawls are! It doesn't matter what you call it, but it definitely has a calming affect. As if God really is wrapping his arms around you offering comfort. It also serves as a reminder, to pray and give thanks, turn all your worries to God. The "scarves" have popped up around our house without even being made with special intentions, they started out as, well scarves. The boys saw mine, asked about it, and then suddenly I began to find scarves under pillows. It doesn't matter if was made with special intentions as long as it provides what the user is needing. So I would like to thank that very sweet, wise beyond her years, teenage girl once again for inspiring us to pray and talk to God, I would like her to know that I thank Him for her every day and the blessings she's brought our family. Thank you God for blessing me immensely.

No comments:

Post a Comment